Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Good to hear from Mitch again :)

Hey Momma!

So these past few weeks have been all training! My replacement got here to take my spot as Financial Secretary so I've been showing him the ropes once each time and then letting him do it after. If he needs help, I help him. But if not, I let him do it his way. It's working pretty well and he is catching on really well! His name is Elder McNett from Coalville, Utah. He loves to hike and can fly planes and has a lot of neat stories. He's really fun to talk to.

So we got everything worked out with Aetna the day before Elder and Sister McNett got here which was perfect timing. I'll be showing him how to do that this week.

Conference was last week. Oh man.

I really loved Conference. I enjoyed how they called everyone to just be better, to improve, to progress, and to become who we need to become. I especially noticed a lot of things in myself that I need to change. It all started with self evaluations. I can't wait to work on the things to help me become the person that I have the potential to be. Along with changing myself, conference helped me change the way I like to do planning. In the past, we would just kind of say what we thought that they needed. But because of the talk by Elder Renlund, we've changed our planning to asking ourselves for each person we teach, "What does God want this person to know, feel, or do?" And it's really helped change the way we plan and teach. I'm so grateful that God loves us enough to give us exactly what we need to hear through living prophets and apostles in this day and age whom he called.

We were able to go to the temple this week as well, which always makes the weeks better.

Sorry for the lack of metaphors in this email. I'll try for next week.

Elder Mitchell Jeffrey Head

Elder Head & Elder Saluta

This beautiful photo was taken before they entered the temple.

And when they left a couple of hours later. #philippineweather

No comments:

Post a Comment