Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, November 10, 2014

Elder Head in the Philippines week 4 - I made it. I did it. I ate balut!!



I made it. I did it. I ate balut. It's official. I'm a filipino now. Jokes lang. But I really did eat balut this week. It wasn't my favorite to be honest, there's this SUPER hard white part inside the egg, which is gross. But I took it like a champ and ate the whole thing. Baby chick and all. Atta boy. Basta, hey guys. So this was a super cool week. We did a lot of tracting out in Tipolo which is a part of our area and we met a whole bunch of people who could potentially become investigators, we're praying for 'em. There's a Tatay named Arthur Pakadin (I call him Tatay Pakadin) in our ward who has been inactive for a few years in our ward that we've been visiting the past few weeks, and this week he came to church for the first time in years and received a big welcome from the ward. So hopefully he'll keep coming back. This ward is so great about missionary work. If the missionaries bring someone to church, they all go and introduce themselves to them and just make them feel so welcome, which helps us out a lot. It makes them feel like church is a welcoming place. A place where they belong. Because we all do belong. :) This past week we challenged some of our investigators to a Book of Mormon reading race, to help them start reading, and I am getting my butt KICKED. They read so fast, it's ridiculous. Haha. Its okay though because the winner gets a coke is all. Which is 7 pesos. Which is like 15 cents. Haha. Anyways. Today we had a Thanksgiving devotional which I spoke at in front of all the missionaries that are in our mission on the main island. It was only a 3 minute talk though, and it was in english. I'm a lightweight. Haha. Basta, it was way cool. So we've been teaching the Alibo family who are a Catholic family a lot this week. They're super eager to learn and I love them. They're the reason I ate balut. So we were almost done with our lesson with them and then this salesmen rode by on his bike and he was selling balut. Then Elder Larson called them over cause I hadn't eaten it yet. So because we were teaching them, I tried balut. It was gross so I tried to be strong and keep a straight face, but I failed. They laughed super hard but it was a good bonding experience for us. Haha. So that's about it. Ang Simbahan ni JesuKristo sa mga Santos sa Ulahing mga Adlaw mao ang simbahan mismo ni JesuKristo. Ang Basahon ni Mormon mao ang pinakatinuod nga basahon diri sa yuta. Si Joseph Smith mao ang usa ka tinuod propeta nga gitawagan sa Dios. Si President Thomas S. Monson mao ang tinuod nga buhing propeta diri sa yuta karon adlawa. Have a good week everyone!

Elder Head

We were emailing back and forth with Mitch last night and it seems that he is really enjoying his time doing "the work".  Cebuano is coming along and he has a great companion/trainer in Elder Larson! Elder Larson takes a lot of pictures which his mom sends to us....awesome! He was looking forward to going to Liloan for the devotional as they were stopping for lunch at MacDo (McDonald's) So he was going to order fried chicken and gravy with rice and a cheeseburger. 

Balut - He did it..he ate the whole thing!


Don't know what this is?? Yummy I'm sure!



Studying so hard he fell asleep??? But his hairdresser mom
only noticed his really short haircut....first one in the Pines!

Kids love the Elders!


Christmas begins whenever a month ends in "ber"!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment