Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, April 20, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Week 27 - This week was super good!

Maayong Odto! (It's noon here right now.)

So this week was super good! We had splits three times this week and I was in our area 2 out of three times. We were able to do a lot of contacting and this week will be a lot of following up. We had a great day on Thursday up in Lobogan which is a part in our area which is further in the jungle. We made so many contacts that day. One of our contacts that we made in Lobogan actually kuyoged (went with us) For the rest of the day. Then we were able to go back and teach him on Sunday with a senior couple here in Bohol because he's a teacher and is super good at English. His name is Noel.

Then on Saturday we were able to go back and teach Fernando. He's someone that Elder Gavin and I were able to meet last transfer but he can only meet with us on Saturdays but he's good. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and that is KEY for investigators to receive an answer. We taught about Heavenly Father because a lot of people here have no concept of the Godhead and it was a super powerful lesson. We invited him to church but he couldn't make it out to church so we're gonna follow up with him on that this week.

It's incredible to me to look back and see my progression on the language and in my teaching since I first left. Yesterday I had to teach 2 lessons in church. Sunday School and Priesthood. I prepared for the priesthood and the Sunday School lesson was just thrown on me and I was able to teach a lesson last minute that WASN'T completely awful! So that was good. :) Tender mercies, hey? Haha. Well that's about it. Love you guys!

Elder Head


No comments:

Post a Comment