Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, May 11, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Happy Mother's Day!

It was great to skype with Mitch last night! Even though the internet connection was really slow on his end, we loved hearing his voice and seeing his face. He looks so happy, loves being a missionary and learning so many things about life through his service. It was also fun for him to see and hear his grandparents, aunts, uncle and cousins. We love you Elder Head!!




Happy Mother's day!

So this week was a lot better than my other weeks have been in the past here. We were kind of in a rut and it got us down a little bit. Then in Weekly Planning we just sat and talked it out. Then we made plans to help improve the area and our work here. Then we saw results.

So this week we taught Fernando and in Weekly Planning one of our goals was to teach more clearly and help them to really understand before we move on to another topic, so we taught that through Jesus Christ, we can be cleansed from sin. So the first thing we did with him was to define sin, which is anything that is against the will or commandments of God. Then we went a little deeper with him and taught about how it's also a sin if we know we need to do something, then just don't do it (Sorry Mom and Dad for all those times you said to me to do something and I just said "Okay", then still sat on the couch eating cheez-itz...). That was something that was kind of a new idea for us to teach, we normally just say "Through Christ, we can be cleansed from sin", and move on, but we really taught the doctrine and the Spirit was there much more strongly than some of the other times we've taught and he truly understood it much quicker and more fully.

We also put a bigger focus on finding and using our time wisely. Both of those came into effect with the people we taught. We respected their time when they said they have something to do and kept our messages short and gave them an assignment to do then left. Then the next visit they actually read, had questions, and listened and learned. We got 5 new investigators this week which was such an improvement from the weeks in the past.

An important truth I've learned is the importance of being exactly obedient. In Doctrine and Covenants section 130: verses 20 and 21, it clearly states that every blessing we receive, is dependent upon our obedience to His laws. I've truly felt that I've received more blessings in my life in the times that I've been obedient and sacrificed my will to meet the will of the Lord much more than the times I just did what I wanted myself. I'm so very grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father that wants to bless us and WILL bless us according to how we show our love to him, through our obedience.

Happy Mother's day to all those mother's out there. We are so grateful for your examples to us of true love and charity. I hope someday I can attain those attributes in the same abundance I've seen in you all. I'm going to go talk with my family now.

-Elder Mitchell Jeffrey Head



No comments:

Post a Comment