Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Friday, September 5, 2014

WE HEARD FROM ELDER HEAD!!!! I'm happy!! :)

Hey Everyone! So I made it here safe and I haven't died yet. So it's been a pretty crazy three days. The first day I got here and I met my companion who's name is Elder Ho Ching. He's a football star from Samoa. He's really friendly and we get along really well. For the first two days, Elder Taylor's companion Elder Ratuvalu didn't show up at the MTC until seriously 10 minutes ago, so he was in a trio with Elder Ho Ching and I. It was really fun because Elder Taylor and I went to high school together but we didn't really talk all that much until now. I love both of my companions so much and I'm sad that Elder Taylor will be leaving the trio but I know that he will be an excellent companion for Elder Ratuvalu. So we got all settled into our room the first day and we slept great. (Sorry Mom.) Then the next day my companion was really itchy and found red dots all over him. So we went to the clinic and found out he had bed bugs from his room the night before so we had to clean everything. Dry clean our suits, wash ALL of our clothes, and had to put like "anti-bug" spray on all of our luggage. Then we had to move rooms as well so we were doing our laundry yesterday at like 6:30 and our Sister Leadership people (I can't remember what their actual title is. [Insert awkward teeth closed smile emoji here]) came in and told us that we had a mandatory meeting with our whole district and our branch presidency real quick. Yeah. "Real quick" was bull. We didn't get out of that meeting until 10:30 and we still had two loads of laundry to do, we had to shower to make sure we didn't have any bed bugs on us, and we still had to get the keys to our new room and move in to THAT room and we didn't get to bed until 1:30. So that was super fun. Heh heh. It really has been so much fun at the MTC. Elder Ho Ching, Elder Taylor, and I all got along really well with our roommates Elder Barrego and Elder Foote. (Yes it's ironic that Elder Head and Elder Foote are in the same room. We know.) So they had to move out with us but its cool cause we all just made jokes out of it. It's been a good time. Cebuano isn't easy but we've been studying and working so hard at it and we're actually getting it pretty well for only being here two days. Just ask us. Also, we're hilarious. Ask us that too. But my experience here has been really good so far. I've prayed more than I have at any other time in my life and I've felt Heavenly Father's love and support so much in the past two days. Mom, you'd be super proud to know that I did all my own laundry and I didn't shrink ONE PIECE of clothing. The other Elders were even asking me what to do. Like I actually knew how to do it. (I didn't. But what ever I did worked. Haha.) Well I love you guys. The church is true. Boom. 



Elder Head.




No comments:

Post a Comment