Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Week 19 - Transferred to the Jungle :)

Hey Everyone!

Transfer calls can sometimes be like a punch in the face. Haha

So I'm getting transferred tomorrow to Duero, Bohol! It's one of the most remote areas in the mission they say. So I'm going to one of the most bukid (Remote, Forrest-y, etc.) areas in the mission. My new zone there's a preserve for SUPER small monkeys called Tarsiers. Also there's the Chocolate Hills, so that's cool :) So that'll be super fun! I'm not too excited to be peacing out of Mandaue so soon though. 

So this last week we've got 4 IBD's for this next transfer. They've been coming to church and I'm super sad that I won't be able to be a part of their progression anymore. 3 out of 4 of our IBD's right now, Sister Grace, Brother Xavier, and Brother Maddie, were people that I actually tracted out so I was blessed to see them through every stage of their progression towards baptism. I'm a little bummed that I don't get to actually see them get to enter the water but I know that they'll be able to continue in their progression and come even closer to Christ through that sacred ordinance. Plus the ward has been really involved with bring them in which I'm so thankful for and I hope that they'll continue to help them progress. I'm pretty freaking excited for them. :) 

SO. This transfer call basically blew my mind cause Elder Heimuli and I were pretty positive that we'd be staying together for one more transfer cause he's been in the area for just 3 weeks and isn't 100% familiar with everyone over here. But apparently I'm needed in Duero. My new comp's name is Elder Gavin who is batch with Elder Heimuli and he says that I'll have a good time. So I say that it was kind of like a punch in the face, not in the sense that it hurts and I don't want to transfer, but in the sense that I'm just surprised. I'm super excited though. It'll be good. They have a different dialect in Bohol. Wherever there's a 'Y' in words they replace it with a 'J'. So instead of Ayo ayo (goodbye) it's ajo ajo. Haha. Just a little quirky thing.

So this week I read a super cool verse. It's in Alma 39 verse 14. 

So that's about it for now. The work moves on, and I'm blessed to even be a part of it. I love you guys. Jesus Christ is our Savior, the Only Begotten Son of our Heavenly Father. This is his church restored here on the earth once more. 

Elder Head


No comments:

Post a Comment