Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, June 15, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Baptisms for a beautiful family :)

Hey Everyone!

So we had 2 baptisms this week and one more hopefully next week. I finally had the chance to personally perform the baptism! It was the greatest feeling I've ever felt. Better than any worldly feeling ever. It was amazing. They're a beautiful family. Their mother is a member and their father is getting baptized next week. I'll send pictures :)

So there was a cool Philippines area broadcast from a room in the conference center in Salt Lake City yesterday. One thing they focused on was keeping the sabbath day holy and said that we would more grow our faith if we do this. 

This week was a good week. Elder Mapel was still sick but we worked through it. We're trying our best to continue to improve our teaching. So funny story about the baptismal clothing of the boys that we baptized on Sunday.......So the sisters had a baptism on Saturday and we had one on Sunday after the broadcast. So we thought that the sisters were just going to leave the baptismal clothes in the church, but they returned them back to the Stake Center so at the last minute, Elder Mapel and I decided that they would use our white shirts cause they are just little guys. So they used our white shirts and we just used our other ones and went the rest of the day in our white shirts, still soaking from the baptismal water....haha :)  And it came to pass that it was fun.

This week I read in the book of Enos. He gives us basically a step by step map on how to help our faith to become unshaken. That's what I'm applying from my studies this week.

It's rainy season here as I mentioned last week.....I forgot my umbrella one day and paid the price for it. It was so cold. Haha. There's pictures. Just wait.

Also I've noticed that I use the word "so" too much. I'm going to work on that. Haha!

I love you guys!

Elder Head


First baptism = amazing!

No umbrella....no bueno or dili maayo nga.....no good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment