Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, June 1, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Follow His example :)

Hey Momma!
So this week we taught a lot of our investigators and got a few new investigators too. We meant to go on splits on Sunday so we could teach more of our Recent Converts and Investigators, but that fell through so we had a crazy day of travel yesterday cause we set up return appointments for people in the complete opposite ends of our area for the same day. It worked out though. Haha!

A cool experience this week was yesterday when we taught one of our Recent Converts, a girl who is deaf and only speaks American Sign Language. When I got here I couldn't understand what she said in the slightest and she would communicate with us through writing on a whiteboard. So that's a little background knowledge. Haha. But yesterday we taught her the entire lesson 3...in 100% American Sign Language. We've kind of been picking up words here and there from her but yesterday it just clicked. The spirit was so strong in that lesson and just gave us words to say with our hands. It was such a cool experience for me.

I've been studying 2 Nephi 31, which is the Doctrine of Christ. Something cool stuck out to me in my study and caused me to underline every time that we are told about the Savior's example and the need to follow that example. By the end of the chapter, half of it was underlined in black pen. Haha, I know that we are not perfect. But luckily for us, we have a perfect example of how we should live our lives. I'm going to continue to try to more fully follow the example of Jesus Christ. Also, I'm pretty sad that Elder L. Tom Perry died, he was a good man! We have a baptism set up for next Saturday and one of the boys wants me to baptize him, so that's cool! Earlier this week Elder Mapel was sick with a gnarly chest cold so I've been listening to some of the talks from the BYU devotionals that you like, dad. They're super good. If you get a chance to give them another quick listen through. 

Elder Mapel and I have started to get up early and go to the gym with one of our zone leaders and one of our district leaders. So also, if you wanted to send me some beef jerky in my package, I wouldn't be sad. Also, dad, in my next package will you download some other devotional talks or conference talks onto an SD card for me? That'd be awesome.  

K. I love you guys bye!

Mitch



Elder Mapel and Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment