Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, July 6, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Working hard on the 4th of July :)

Hey Momma!

So my 4th of July was a lot less fun than yours. We got punted almost the whole day until the evening when we had 5 lessons all in about 30 minutes from each other. So that was hectic but we figured it out and were able to teach all 5 with ACTUAL lessons. Since I've been here on the mission, I've learned that there's 2 ways to teach a lesson.

1) You teach a lesson, but you just cover the points of the lesson instead of actually teaching the people. Which is good, I mean you taught a lesson and at least talked about the doctrine. But they might not see the importance of that thing for them, but they could potentially if they are super golden.

2) You really teach the people. You teach them a lesson. You don't just cover the points but you actually teach them so they understand and can relate that into their loves. So that they can see that it actually will have something to do with them. That's the way that they can actually learn and progress. This is what I mean when I say an ACTUAL lesson. Haha.

In my mission so far, I can unfortunately say that I've had both kinds of lesson. But lately, I've been focusing and praying and doing my best to only teach the second type of lesson. Because I've come to truly see the effect that living he gospel can do to someone. It can change you. I've been able to see in it my own life. I now have a true desire to see that in the lives of the other people around me. I now see the WHY we were given the gospel and not only that but why it's important that we do live it. I know know that this is the only way to live with our families so that "Families can be together forever" is now not just a primary song but it's a potential reality for all of us if we can truly follow and love the gospel in our lives. Sometimes we lose sight of that reality. There have been plenty of times in my life that I've thought about the here and now, as opposed to the what could be. I hope we can all find that out for ourselves.

This week we taught one of our new investigators who looked very promising, as of Saturday he now has a baptismal goal for August 1st so if he can come to church consecutively, then he can be baptized on that date. Arnie (Our new investigator, the one I'm talking about right now) has a real desire to know and to learn which I love. Also, we are keeping with Brother Lauron and Noland to be baptized this Sunday and Anthony to be baptized next Sunday. Then it's be all wrapped up with our investigators with baptismal dates and we'll have to start finding some more new ones to replace them as well. Haha. So pray for us that we can find some new investigators.

Elder Sapla and I get along really well and can understand each other now. I just want testify that the gift of tongues is real. I know this because I can suddenly understand Tagalog, which I couldn't say about last week. He has a real desire to learn the language so we're going to go hard on the language study, which I'm excited for.

Lastly, your 4th of July was a lot funner than mine. That night we just ate some leftover keso (cheese) ice cream (It tastes about as bad as you would think...) and I later played with some matches. So that was about all from this side of the planet for me. I love you guys, I'm jealous that you got to do the roman candle war. But I will be a part of roman candle war 2017 with my wife. Heh heh heh. Just kidding. But yeah. I know the church is true and I hope you all will renew that knowledge for yourselves as well this week. Love ya.

-Elder Mitchell Jeffrey Head


Filipino 4th celebration??


Happy 4th of July :)



No comments:

Post a Comment