Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Happy Thanksgiving :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hopefully, you guys will eat lots of turkey and stuff. I'll probably just end up eating some balut to celebrate.

This past week I gave my first district meeting which was super scary, but turned out pretty well. It was based on one of the conference talks from last conference called "Let The Clarion Trumpet Sound" by Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer. We compared it to testifying contacts like how every time we courageously invite people to learn more about our Savior, we are sounding the clarion trumpet. We then discussed about techniques and we practiced. We'll see if it was effective or not when we get back the Key Indicators this week.

Other than that, this week was a whole lot of waiting. We waited on the insurance company to get back to us about whether the van was totaled, or if they can repair it. I'm thinking it'll be totaled because the car was pretty mangled.

Other than that, it was a pretty easy-going week. I'm hoping things will kind of slow down here soon. This past year has gone by so quickly.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for the time I've had here and for the opportunity I've had to come to better know my Savior. To know that He loved us enough to become the way for us to return to our Father again. I'm grateful that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored again in it's fullness here on the earth, that through the changing, cleansing effects of the Gospel, we can become clean. I'm grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who created a plan for us to grow, and become as He is. I know They live. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Elder Mitchell Jeffrey Head



Mitch the cockroach slayer - no light saber needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment