Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Term & Conditions with a healthy dose of bed bugs???

Hey guys!

So good news, my feet are still attached. 10 toes and all. I did, however, get bed bugs this week. Turns out I'm slightly (very) allergic to bed bugs because I woke up in the morning 4 out of 7 days this past week with some pretty huge appendages. Day one, my right hand and left middle finger. Day two, my left hand and my chin. (I kind of wished that day one and two would have been together so that I would have had some nice, numb, boxing glove-looking hands. I would've been like a skinny, allergic Rocky though.) Day 3, my right wrist and tricep and bicep were super swollen (It looked like I started lifting again but quickly went away, awe man.) and Day 4 was the smallest being just my left index finger. We made an assault on my bed, bed sheets, pillow case, and the floor surrounding it with this bug killer called permethrin. It seems to have done the trick because two days have passed and no more swelling or itchiness. 

In other news, this is the lame-duck term here in the office. The trainees are now doing all the work, and the old office workers are just looking for stuff to do. I'll be setting up the receipts and such for the housing payments and reading the contracts made with the landlords to better familiarize myself with the terms and conditions. I never thought I'd actually read a terms and conditions thing in my life. So I'm gonna train my Lawyer-Eyes for these documents. That's about it. We're just about to send another batch of missionaries home on Wednesday and pick up a new one right after. IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE. 

That's about it for this week. I've restarted the Book of Mormon and just finished 1st Nephi. If anyone would like to race me to finish 2nd Nephi, let me know. I'm starting today. 

Keep the faith.

Elder Head


Bed bugs = swollen allergic hand :(


No comments:

Post a Comment