Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - I Stand All Amazed :)

Hey fam!

I Stand All Amazed

As I was sitting before bed this last week, I thought of just how weak I am. I have so many shortcomings as a person, I've made so many mistakes in my life, I've had so much wasted time on things that were of no real worth. I thought of just how selfish I really am. 

I'm so grateful that the Priesthood has been restored to the earth so that worthy males may bless the lives of others around us. That through the priesthood, we may turn out of our own little, one dimensional plane of thought and focus on others. For me, I get caught in the 1st dimensional thinking a little too much. 

Earlier this morning, the sisters in the Lilo-an Stake were gathering here at the Stake Center for a Women's Conference. The Sister missionaries assigned in the stake were also invited to attend. A companionship of Sister missionaries came to the office asked if their investigator could sleep in here while they attended the conference because she wasn't allowed to sleep the night before. The office would be the quietest place for her to be during this and would be the best place for her to rest.

We agreed and waited for probably 5 minutes while the Sisters went to get their investigator. When they returned, in walked the most frail human being I had ever seen in my life. It looked like she hadn't been able to eat a full meal for the past week. She looked exhausted from both lack of food, and lack of sleep. 

We offered her some food and let her sleep on the couch in the front. She stayed there for about an hour with the Sisters stationed right at her sides. After about an hour, she said she couldn't sleep. So one of the sisters asked us if we could give her a blessing. 

I was asked to give her the blessing. First we explained to her about the Priesthood, about priesthood holders, and about blessings. Then we blessed her.

She seemed to be at peace after that. She's still here in the office resting. I'm so grateful for the blessing of the Priesthood. I've seen it bless my life and also the lives of others around me. I've been surrounded with worthy priesthood holders my whole life and am grateful for their examples. The Priesthood is not a status or a title meant to lift us above others, rather it's the means by which we lift others to where we are. Just as the Savior said, "The Son of Man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister", so was man given the Priesthood to bless the lives of others. 

I'm grateful to have been given that opportunity. It was humbling to me to have been given the opportunity to work on behalf of the Lord to bless one of Heavenly Father's children. Even though, we may be weak, we still be a means for good in the lives of others if we just forget ourselves and focus on those who stand in need. If we look, we can find ways to "comfort those who stand in need of comfort" daily. Have a good week. :)


-Elder Mitchell Jeffrey Head

No comments:

Post a Comment