Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Elder Head in the Philippines - Conference was so good!

Hey Mom and Pop!

So I need to repent. My emails have been TERRIBLE lately. I guess I've just had a lot on my mind and it's all been kind of at the time of my emailing.. Haha.. So sorry. Just know that I now have my priorities straight. We are emailing right now after a long day of laundry (by hand of course), studies, work, and making home made buko juice. It was super fun. But not as fun as General Conference.

Pastilan, Conference was so good!! I noticed a lot of my questions from my studies were answered while I was watching conference. I'd say my favorite talk was by President Russell M. Nelson: The Price of Priesthood Power. Oh man. He spoke so powerfully to the men of the church to do more than we are now. It was a call to action for us to become the men that we are meant to be. It like charged my spiritual battery and caused me to want to improve (It's like that's one of the roles of the Holy Ghost or something..). But it truly made me want to work even harder and to gain all the blessings and power the Lord is willing to give me. 

Well I'm out of time because I had to do some business for the zone to the office and I also wrote a larger letter to President Tanner.

About the early release, I'll wait a week to bring that up with President and then I'll let you know. I don't think it'd be a bad idea per say, but I just wanna wait for one more week before I make my decision. Next week my P-Day will be on Wednesday because that is the transfer week. As for now, I'm still in Bogo. Our investigator Jovet has been reading the Book of Mormon but hasn't yet received and answer, at least since Sunday. But we'll keep you posted. The Delos Santos family is still doing well. Other than that, we're looking to expand still our teaching pool. I love ya so much! 

Pops, I totally understand you about being buoyed up for certain callings or assignments. I've been there. I know that the Lord is strengthening you. 

I love you Pops. I hope that you are being refined as well. 

Momma, I'm well aware about 4 fast sundays being left in my mission. I'm sad but excited at the same time. Talk about mixed emotions.. Haha.

Love,
Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment