Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Friday, July 15, 2016

Elder Head in the Philippines - Reflection & personal revelations #39days :)

MOM! and Dad (No you're not just an after thought, Mom just wrote me this week and I haven't got yours yet)

Holy cow sending home that batch of missionaries was SO WEIRD. I've been with them for so long and worked closely with a few of them but THEY'RE GONE. Now everyone is joking with me that "I'm next". Agay. This week was full of revelations for me. First, I don't think law is for me. I think that I'll study accounting and maybe some math. I could then use that for a few different things. I've always wanted to be a teacher, so maybe a math/accounting teacher, or I could simply become an accountant. I think I've got the nerdy glasses for that, I'll be perfect. Haha. Second, I've learned that you absolutely CANNOT run faster than you have strength. We are all human and have our limits, if we over-exert ourselves now, there will surely be repercussions later. Please check my english, I'm not positive that that's the right word. Third, you can't please everybody. Plain and simple. It's impossible for us in this fallen world to appease to every request and make everyone happy. But like the words of President Tanner "If you're right with the Lord, you're right." You can't be afraid to step on a few toes when you're standing up for what's right.

It's really hit me quite hard lately that we're really here on the earth to gain experience. If we live in the world with having only the "now" in sight, we will get what we want. If we live in the world now, but have the "tomorrow" mindset, everything will work for our good. "..all things work together for good to them that love God.." Romans 8:28. I'm sorry Mom that I haven't really been sharing with you and Dad and Ryan my mission. I've just been doing it and saying "I'm good" which is really mean. I've learned so much and am changing so much. I wasn't really compassionate, but I'm working on it. But please know that I'm all good. There that's better. A whole three words. good job Elder Head. Haha.

I feel really blessed, and really grateful for the experiences I've had/am having. The Lord is so good. He truly loves us and cares a lot more about our growth than our comfort. That's why there are hard things in life sometimes. That's why living the gospel isn't always easy. Choosing to follow the Savior is sometimes hard, but as we do so we will become more like Him and take His yoke upon us and we will fell of the lightness of that load, because he's right there with us carrying it too.

I really do love the Lord. I'm so grateful that I've come to know Him. "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, whether I speak of myself." John 7:17 I know that this is the Lord's work because I've found greater joy in doing this work than I've found in any other aspect of my life. This is the Lord's work. This is the Lord's church. This is the best work in the world and I'm grateful to be a part of it.

I love you Mom. I really am so blessed to have you and Dad and Ryan. I hope you have a great week. :)
Love,
-Elder Mitchell Jeffrey Head






No comments:

Post a Comment