Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Friday, December 26, 2014

Elder Head in the Philippines - Week 10 Merry Christmas!


MALIPAYONG PASKO SA INYONG TANAN!  (MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL)
So this week was still slow. We're working on tracking a lot this week, hopefully things will pick up a little bit. The language is coming a lot better now which is helpful for me in tracting and teaching! Lately we've been looking for more people to teach which is hard, but we know it'll pay off. So funny story. We were teaching a lesson to some of our investigators this week and they said something that "Blew my mind" but I didn't know the direct translation for that. So I said that my mind exploded. But with the word for explosion, if you put the emphasis on the wrong syllable (Freaking hate english. There's basically no wrong way to spell anything in Cebuano as long as it sounds right.) the word becomes SUPER inappropriate. Guess which one I used. Yeah. Dili maayo. But they thought it was hilarious and just laughed at me. It's a good thing I can laugh at myself. So I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and remember to thank our Father in Heaven for the greatest gift anyone could have given us. Our Savior Jesus Christ and that we can all remember the reason for the season. I love you guys! Also, the church is true. 

Love, 
Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment