Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Elder Head in the Philippines - Week 7 I sure miss my cute boy!!

Hey Guys! So sorry about the late email! It's transfer week this week so our P-day is Wednesday instead of Monday. We'll be back to normal next week. Good news, I'm still in Mandaue with Elder Larson for 6 more weeks! So that'll be good. So I'm not gonna lie, I was just a little homesick this week because of the holidays, but I'm over it now! For my Thanksgiving dinner, Elder Larson and I went to 7/11 and got an ube ice cream. This week was the Primary program here in Mandaue! My favorite song that they sang was "I Am a Child of God." They enunciated the "f" SUPER hard on "of" so it sounded way funny. But they really did such a good job. It went over a half hour though so it was a LITTLE long but they're super cute so it's okay. Haha. So our recent convert Sister Joana, just moved out of our area and out of our mission too. She's in Cebu City which is part of Cebu mission and she didn't tell us until a couple of days before she moved. So we have to refer her to the Cebu missionaries to teach her the Recent convert lessons. Which sucks. A lot. Haha. Also, word on the street is that there's a big typhoon that's headed or way that could do a lot damage to us. Which is scary. We're going to some of our members today to help them reinforce their "hobbles" as they call them. There's a chance that the storm might pass us and just go north to more ocean and not hit anyone, which is the best case scenario, mao lagi, but if not it could do some damage they say. So this week we taught our investigators about prayer and it just made me think about how our Father in Heaven really does listen and help us know what to do and gives us comfort. I was thinking about how in the MTC, I was a little homesick and all I wanted was some Graham Canyon ice cream because that's what my mom and I got a week before I left and every time I tried to get it before, it was already gone. Then on my last week, I prayed hard. I was determined to get that ice cream. I just wanted it sometime before I left. Then my last Sunday, I walked into the cafeteria and went straight to the ice cream counter and lo and behold, there it was. I was so stinking happy! So Heavenly Father wants to bless us, all we have to do is ask. He'll give it to us if it's for our benefit, even if it's something as silly as Graham Canyon ice cream. So have a good week!

Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment