Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines Week 12 - A day at the Cebu City Temple :) Blog Editor is lame so this post is a week late!!


Hey Mom! So as you probably noticed. I didn't email Monday... Sorry! We went to the Temple today though and it was SO COOL. I loved it so much. It is absolutely beautiful and we wore sarongs inside the temple instead of normal white shirts so that was a change, but it was awesome as well! So today after the temple we went to this super tasty place called Casa Verde. It has this thing called the Mighty Ton. It's a GIGANTIC Hamburger that can literally feed an army. I'll send pictures later if Larson sends them to me. I forgot my camera.. Haha... Sorry... But they also had this GIGANTIC milk shake too. So obviously Larson, Smith, Amata, and I all got that to share. Except the shake cause Larson and I got our own. But it was SO GOOD. Outside of the fact that I now feel like I'm a thousand pounds. Guess who's gonna freaking kick some butt in push ups and sit ups this week. This guy. Haha. I normally do them anyways. But I'll do more this week. Haha. So yeah transfers are this next week! It seems like I MIGHT be transferred. Cause Elder Larson might have torn his meniscus so he might have to stay in Mandaue for physical therapy and treatment.. Maybe. I'll keep ya posted though. So this week was good until a few days ago when he tore his meniscus. We were riding in a tricycle and he heard a pop and then when he got out of the tricycle he could hardly stand. So he's been kind of on bed rest today and yesterday besides the temple. We're going back to Cebu City tomorrow for his MRI. Hopefully he'll be good. Haha. Okay you're asleep so I decided to make this long. I'll send another one with the blog letter after. Love ya Momma. I'm doing well. Buhbye.

Elder Head

Hey Dad! That sounds like it was a super fun New Years week! How's everyone doing at home? That's good that you and mom are empty nesters and don't have any of us moochers living with you guys anymore. Now the house will actually be clean and you can actually use your basement!! Word of advise though, don't run around in your underwear. That's not a pretty sight. ;) Haha!! Yeah I was just thinking about that this last week about how I was getting a little off focus. I'm working hard on returning to focus. Well I think we should just start now with not emailing back and forth. President Tanner really wants us to start as soon as possible and I think that now is as good of a time as any. Sorry for the random emailing day. We went to the temple today so today was our P-day. So today at the temple I bought a selected hymn book (They didn't have any regular hymn books) and a primary hymn book (It was 3 dollars and everyone here likes to sing We'll bring the world his truth) so I can practice piano a little bit. I'm actually playing that on Saturday at a baptism and singing it as well. They think I have a good voice here cause they're Filipinos and can't really sing well.. Haha. So hopefully I'll be Mozart by the time I get back. Haha. I love you dad! Thanks so much for your example of a worthy priesthood holder in my life. When I went through the temple today I thought of when we went through the first time and how you helped me do basically everything. Haha. So thanks Dad. :) Have a good week and have fun with the super low gas prices!

Elder Head



A hamburger as big as your head!






No comments:

Post a Comment