Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, March 9, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Week 21 - As long as you work hard & do your very best..... :)

Hey Dad. I'm glad you guys had fun! I'm glad that fam is getting along well too. Elder Gavin is a super hard worker and we are going to try to kick some butt. But first we need to work on the branch. It's struggling. SO we're gonna work with some of the members to try to strengthen them more as well as balance finding new people. This area in the past has been a "hard" area. I feel confident that there's no such thing as a hard area. As long as you work hard and do your very best to do your part, the Lord will put people in your path that you can help. How's your personal scripture study and stuff going pops?

I'll try to type another good email. Haha. Love ya!

Elder Head


Hey Momma,
I'm glad you guys had a great time in Mexico and Cali! I love just listening to the waves crashing onto the rocks as I fall asleep. It's the best. Haha. Yeah will you please send me a new gospel library? Also, I've had a change of heart and decided that the mission ties are super ugly. So when you send my next package will you send a legitimate gwapo neck tie? One similar to the ones we bought with my one suit, the super cool ones that's like the paisley blue, the green squares, and the purple dots? Thanks Momma. :) Nah I haven't gotten that last package yet. It's still on it's way I'm sure. Church started SUPER late. We're gonna try to work with the auxiliaries and get everyone there on time so when we get investigators to church they're not just waiting in the Mercado for an hour waiting for the church to be unlocked. But it was good. I'm giving a talk next week. I'll be playing the piano for sacrament when Elder Gavin leaves the area next transfer. So let's all pray I get good at piano real fast. Haha. Elder Gavin and I get a long really well and we're both working towards the same goal, to make Duero a really progressing area. :) He's sick right now so our goal has been slowed down a little cause he's recuperating at the moment but we should be good to go by later this week! Yes I have to do laundry by hand. It's the absolute worst thing EVER. You freaking get exhausted. Haha. I'll get the hang of it though. So I had really REALLY good pictures at first, but then I got a virus or something on my memory card and all my pictures got deleted before I could switch them to my SD card. So I took some replacements but they're not as nindot as my actual area is. I'll work on retaking better photos. Yeah Lindsey's mission papers are in right now so that'll be awesome for her she told me. I'm glad you guys had an awesome vacation! Looks like it was way relaxing. :)

Tell Phophe Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letter starts now:

Hey there folks.

So this week my camera died, and I thought that I left my charger in my backpack but I can testify to you all that Tender Mercies of the Lord are real. After 3 days of wallowing in self loathe (I was mad at myself cause I thought I left it in my backpack that was lost) I finally unpacked the rest of my bags and THERE IT WAS. After telling myself I'm a moron, I charged it up only to find that all my pictures on my memory card had gotten deleted by a virus or something else crappy. So it sucks that my pictures got deleted but tender mercy cause I still have my charger so I can actually retake them instead of just having my nice camera turn into a paper weight. 

This week was super good! The investigators they found last transfer dropped them cause they talked to their Catholic Defender friends and they "Saw the light that is Catholicism" which is a bummer for us but, hey, you gotta respect their agency. So we're starting to branch out our tracting a little more to parts of that they didn't go into and we've found some super good new investigators. 

The place we've been tracting is called Madua Sor. Which is spanish for something. I think. Basta, one of our new investigators is a 17 year old named Lloyd. His family was taught by the missionaries in 2010 but haven't seen missionaries since. He's SUPER smart. He has a lot of super awesome input in the lessons. His whole family was taught at an earlier time but they seem kind of apprehensive of us but we've just been serving them lately and getting to know them and they're also getting to know us so the rest of the family is warming up a lot too. 

The other cool family we've tracted are named the Cabalan family. They're Seventh Day Adventists, so when they let us in to talk with us I was getting mentally prepared to be on the recipient end of some angry bible bashing, but they were SUPER nice and very receptive to the message. Their names are Moises, Elsa, and their daughter Agnes. One of their neighbours were investigators a long time ago and received a Basahon Ni Mormon, but since then nothing happened with them so they threw the Book of Mormon in the trash, but the Cabalan family picked it up and brought it in their house for who knows how long because they said that people need to respect the word of God. So they've had a Book of Mormon in their house for years. So that's awesome. They're just great people. I'm super excited to see how things go with them. 

Elder Gavin is sick with a gnarly cold so we haven't been able to work the past few days but he's almost over it so we should be out kicking butt and taking names in a few days. Hopefully tomorrow. 

Lately I've been reading about the Armies of Helaman. They're the men!! They took what they learned from their mothers, lived it, and loved it so much they were willing to put their lives on the line for it. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for sending me my angel of a mother. I love you Mom. Thanks so much for teaching me and accepting me always, even when I wasn't always the perfect son. I love you Mom and Happy Birthday this week. :) I know the church is true and I'm so grateful for it. 

-Elder Head 

Elder Head's front yard :)

Bamboo house

Rice fields everywhere






No comments:

Post a Comment