Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, March 16, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Week 22 - Teaching self reliance as a 19 year-old :)

Hey guys!

So this week was a LOT of tracting. Cause we got punted. Hard. Every day. Haha. Like it was 4th down and 27 yards to go. But it's good. They were just all busy for one reason for another and felt bad and we have return appointments with all our investigators this week! So no worries.
So funny moment for this week. They called on me to play the opening hymn in Priesthood meeting yesterday. So I attempted last minute sight reading while people sang. It turned into me playing a single note for them to sing to cause I've never played the song that they wanted me to and I haven't really been able to practice in the past 5 weeks or so. I tried super hard but it just wasn't meant to be! Haha. So I think I'll be making the requests now and not them.
I gave a talk this week! On self reliance. Now as a missionary being the age of 19 who has lived with/off of his parents for his entire life, this was a new concept for me. I taught about how it's a commandment from God that we provide for ourselves (Genesis 3:19), how God doesn't give any commandments that we can't do (1 Nephi 3:7), how we can do it by working hard and being obedient, then I finished with talking about how every blessing we receive is dependant on our obedience to the laws and ordinances that have been given to us. How it's not enough for us to just sit and ask to be self reliant if we're not doing our part. It just doesn't work like that. We need to do our best to grow in the Gospel and as we grow ourselves, so will our blessings. Then we will receive added help we need and we can become more self reliant. 

There's a lot more I want to say but my two hours is up!

I love you guys, I know that God lives and he loves each and everyone of us. I know Christ lived, died, and was resurrected. I know that Joseph Smith saw both of them in the Sacred Grove. I know that Jesus Christ restored His church and His gospel through Joseph Smith.  

K. Later.


Elder Head












No comments:

Post a Comment