Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Friday, August 28, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Mission office training :)

Hey Mom and Dad!

So in the office, our P-Day is on Saturday.

This first week here in Liloan was SO tiring. It was a real adjustment. Haha. There's a lot of new things I had to learn. The day that I got there, we started to work. Writing off credit card receipts and other transaction, ordering checks, tracking purchases made by the mission, redoing area adjustments for missionaries, and we have an area to work in as well. It's pretty busy. But I love it so far. My companions, Elder Black and Elder Saluta, are both such excellent teachers and I've already been learning so much about finances and especially about missionary work.

We had an office meeting at the mission home on Friday and we were fed spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread, corn, and REAL milk for lunch. It was the greatest thing ever. As well as just seeing the bigger picture of just how many things need to be working in harmony to even allow the mission to run is just amazing.

We are living in the transfer house, which is a pretty big house and is pretty nice as well. It even has a shower. On Wednesday (my first full day in the office) I was so tired after work that directly after planning I accidentally fell asleep on the mattresses down stairs in our apartment, missionary clothes and all. I woke up at like 1 am, got up, took out my contacts, brushed my teeth, and got into my ACTUAL bed. This work is surprisingly tiring.

In our area it's just sakto. There's not too much city, but we're also not in the middle of nowhere. The people here are so nice and even though we can't work the whole day and work only in the evenings, we're seeing success here in this area. We'll hopefully have 5 baptisms next week. A family that they met tracting, and a family member of another member in our ward.

I'm super tired, but grateful to be here. I've felt so much help and support here, from my family here in the mission, my family at home, and my family in my Heavenly Home.

So that's it! Sorry that I don't have pictures this week. My card reader is at the apartment still. Also, about contacts, don't worry about it. I'll be good. This is only the second pair of new contacts that I've used on my mission. Haha.. So I've still got like 1 and a half boxes left for each eye. I do need some more solution though. I can't remember if I took 2 containers of it, or just 1. Are the packages on the way?

Love you!

Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment