Elder Mitchell Head

Elder Mitchell Head

Monday, August 3, 2015

Elder Head in the Philippines - Stepping up planning & Tillamook ice cream :)

Hey Momma! 

So I tried to send 4 pictures but none of them would load so sorry for the delay here.

So this past week, we had to watch some movies for the first 12 weeks program and Elder Sapla and I decided that we really need to step up our game when it comes to planning. 

Also, this past week Elder Sapla and I have been trying to really focus on the Book of Mormon for our investigators, which is really frustrating sometimes because most of the people we teach either just forget to read or don't like to read. Then we ask them if they have prayed and asked if it's true, of course they say they haven't because they haven't been reading. So we've been REALLY stressing the importance of reading the Book of Mormon. In my life I've truly seen the fulfillment of the promise of President Ezra Taft Benson that the Book of Mormon will shield us from the temptations of the Adversary in our lives.

I tried to send you a picture, but it wouldn't load. Wednesday, we were fed by a member this week from America, Brother Doug Seymour. He made us spaghetti and then he bought Tillamook ice cream. It was basically the greatest dinner I've had in the past 11 months. Then he didn't have a freezer so he gave the rest of the ice cream to us and it was super delicious. It was a much needed break from seeing cheese ice cream.

This week is the last full week before transfers so next week I will be emailing on Wednesday.

Sorry for the short letter! I spent most of the time trying to work out the pictures from this week, but they just would not load. 

Love you!

Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment